geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: deploying apps to a specific port
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 20:23:51 GMT

On Oct 19, 2006, at 12:50 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Hi All,
> is there a way to deploy a particular application to a specific
> port without having to define an entirely new virtual host?

AFAICT the only way to get app-per-port binding in either tomcat or
jetty is to define an entire web container + connector(s) for each
port and deploy each app to connect to the appropriate web
container.  This mimics the setups I've seen in tomcat server.xml
files and IIUC from conversations with gregw is also the correct
approach for jetty.  So, a new virtual host is not enough or correct.

> is it possible to point/bind to a specific (already defined) web
> connector?

The web-container element in the geronimo plan lets you specify the
web container you want to deploy on.  You can't specify a web
connector in any way and it doesn't make sense to try to in either
the tomcat or jetty architectures.

thanks
david jencks