geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r463024 - in /geronimo/plugins/spring: branches/ tags/ trunk/ trunk/modules/ trunk/modules/spring-deployer-service/ trunk/modules/spring-deployer-service/src/ trunk/modules/spring-deployer-service/src/java/ trunk/modules/spring-integr
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 07:54:21 GMT
GShell is one example:

     http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/sandbox/gshell/trunk/

So is Plexus:

     http://svn.codehaus.org/plexus/trunk/

The main idea is to organize by functionality... not by type.
Putting components under modules/* is not what I would recommend with
m2.  I created modules/* years ago to support the m1 build.  Now that
we are using m2, we should stop using the legacy project layout and
instead organize components into logical groups based on functionality.

--jason