geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Spec versioning
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 17:46:27 GMT
I'd like to reach conclusion on the spec versioning policy this week,
so I spent an hour attempting to fairly summarize the two main spec
versioning proposals: one version and version per spec.  My summary
can be found here: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDEV/
Spec+Versioning

I propose that we spend a day updating the summary of the options and
possibly adding more proposals (like David's proposal), and tomorrow
we vote on which procedure to choose for the specs.  Please, do not
sandbag a proposal you are against or unfairly pump up the one you
are for as this will only delay this decision.

Please participate early, so we can get this bikeshed behind us,

-dain