geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Results] Priorities for 1.2
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:24:18 GMT

On Oct 17, 2006, at 11:02 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2006, at 8:28 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> Thanks Alan  ...  I figured that was the plan but thought I should
>> ask than assume :)
>>
>> Jencks is encouraging me to fix some of the TranQL problems in TCK
>> so I'm updating my copy to 1.2.  I simply can't wait to start
>> running the TCK :-P
>
> Great.  I'm thinking that we can try to cut a real release by the
> end of this month and run it through the TCK wringer.  What does
> everyone think?

I was thinking more in terms of getting the tck to pass and then
cutting a release.  Otherwise we run the risk of having months of
work on 2 codebases to get the tck to pass.  Experience has shown me
that we can't apply fixes to 2 codebases very well.

To me the main open question about 1.2 is whether we can certify on
j2ee 1.4 with jee5 spec libraries.  If so it is fairly simple to
include jee5 preview features.  If not we are going to have to jump
through a lot of hoops to demonstrate any jee5 functionality.  I
haven't heard back from Geir with any news from sun on this question.

thanks
david jencks