geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Download page incorrectly lists "OS X" and "Unix" as being compatible
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 04:08:23 GMT
Geir,

Can you enumerate the specific requirements for "certification"?

You have a valid point about OS X but if we certified on SuSE 9.3 is
it not still  certified release on SuSE 10?  Or even jumping from
SuSE to Red Hat or even Solaris x86 or SPARC.  I'm curious about how
the certification treats all these possible permutations (yikes ;-0 )

Would it be acceptable to say something like:

J2EE certified Release (with some link to a page that describes the
exact certification environment) and lists *nix as a general platform?

I guess I'm really curious about what certified means based on your
comment below.

On Oct 18, 2006, at 5:29 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> They aren't tested.
>
> Can we put a separate section (or a separate page) for the non-
> certified downloads?
>
> geir

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org