geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject 1.2 Fit and Finish
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 06:19:27 GMT
On Oct 30, 2006, at 10:07 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

>> In a typical Geronimo release we tend to spend a significant amount
>> of time in what I'll call the "Fit and Finish" phase.  This involves
>> tying up loose ends such as log levels, tools L&F, startup times,
>> licenses and so on.  Basically, the phase includes fixing all the
>> nits that cause people to vote -1 for a release (BTW no vetos in a
>> release vote).
>
> What do you mean by this BTW?

I'm hoping this thread doesn't get side tracked into a discussion
about voting procedures, but since you asked...

FWIU, you can not veto a release.  You can vote -1 and attempt to
change other peoples minds and their votes to a -1.  This is what
normally happens when someone votes -1, because is is normally
followed by a very good reason.  On the other hand, we have had
release held up while someone fixed a nit.  This is something I hope
to avoid that by reminding those that nit pick that they can be out
votes, so it is best to get their nits on the table now (or even
better fix them now).

-dain