geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject 1.2 Fit and Finish
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 04:32:50 GMT
In a typical Geronimo release we tend to spend a significant amount
of time in what I'll call the "Fit and Finish" phase.  This involves
tying up loose ends such as log levels, tools L&F, startup times,
licenses and so on.  Basically, the phase includes fixing all the
nits that cause people to vote -1 for a release (BTW no vetos in a
release vote).

Please, take a moment and respond to this email with any items you
feel should be cleaned up before we release the software.  That way
we can hopefully get these items out in the open and addressed while
we are finishing the TCK testing.  Please note that just because an
item is mentioned doesn't mean it must be completed before a
release.  The only thing required for a release it to successfully
pass a vote of the PMC, so if the item is critical to you, spend a
few minutes fixing it.

With any luck we should be able to have the server ready to ship
about the same time we finish the TCK testing.

-dain