geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [discussion] openejb-itests in testsuite
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:35:42 GMT
Ok, I took look through where you're going and here's a slightly
altered proposal.

We group the tests with the beans as such:

  openejb-footests/src/main/    # this is where the beans will go
  openejb-footests/src/test/    # this is where the client test code
will go

We setup the poms to package and publish the test code with the beans:

  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/test-jar-mojo.html

That will avoid spreading the code for a single test between two
modules and avoids the "bucket" module that would contain all test
client code for all modules and would needlessly have a dependency on
all modules.

Couple thoughts on the poms:

   - the parent would lineage would be org.apache.openejb:itests ->
org.apache.openejb:openejb
   - the groupId would be org.apache.openejb

You and put any geronimo-specific plugins, descriptors, or
dependencies in pom.xmls (modules) in geronimo svn using any layout
you choose.  Those modules would just declare dependencies on the
openejb test libraries they wish to reuse.  That should be fine
unless you also plan to redo all the test source code to something
other than junit or introduce code dependencies on geronimo-specific
bits of test framework.  If that's the ultimate goal, then it might
just be better to take a copy of the test code.

Thoughts?

-David