geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Slava McDougald" <slava.mcdoug...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load driving scripts for Daytrader
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:29:53 GMT
Hi Gianny,

I did look at the Grinder 3 as well.  It is  less CPU intensive than
JMeter but not significantly (at least for the testing I did).

However, in my opinion JMeter is more mature product.  There are a lot
of features that a still "under development" in Grinder 3. It seemed
to me that not many people are working on developing those.

Plus, to take full advantage of the Grinder 3 capabilities a user
needs to install and run jython and very likely deal with versioning
issues...

At the present time, JMeter has larger and more active development
community and therefore better support.

But creating  scripts for Grinder3 is pretty easy and straight forward.

So, each tools has its pros and cons.  It is a matter on deciding on
one of them and go with it.

Or create two sets of script...one for Grinder and one for JMeter...

Thoughts?

Slava