geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Slava McDougald" <slava.mcdoug...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Load driving scripts for Daytrader
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:33:58 GMT
Hi Piuysh,

Writing your own driver is certainly an option but it wouldn't be my
preferred option.  You are right; it takes a lot of time, efforts,
good design and implementation to build a good load driving tool.

In my opinion, it is better to just use whatever it is available out
in the open source space.  Something like JMeter for example has a
large community of developers working on improving and supporting it
as w ell as a lot of users that can provide hits/feedback on its use.
In addition, the source code is available to download and can change
according to your needs.  That is why I proposed to use the existing
load driver instead of developing one from scratch.

For my testing, I used just a simple JMeter scripts, mostly for my own
educational purposes.  However, I am working on creating a more
complex JMeter workload script for Daytrader.

Once completed, I will share it with you (the Geronimo development community).

Then we can work together on changing/improving it and maybe package
it with Daytrader sample.

Sounds good?

Slava