geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: One version for specs
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:01:52 GMT

On Oct 2, 2006, at 10:35 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> As a user, it is a convenience to be able to have a single version
> number to track across all the spec releases.  So there's only one
> variable to track.

There are two classes of specs users.  One is Geroninmo users and
they will just use what ever we have configured; they will not need
to track anything since we'll provide everything nicely configured.
The second is someone outside of Geronimo who wants to use a spec
jar.  This person will want to *not* want a single version tracking
across all the spec releases.

Regards,
Alan