geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Maven2 vs. Geronimo Maven2 repository problems
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 13:11:58 GMT
Just for the record, I like having a "post-processed" module format.
I wouldn't mind if it had XML data instead of serialized objects, but
I am not really in favor of throwing it away and making a standard
("pre-processed") J2EE JAR+DD+deployment plan into our official module
format.  So I'd rather find ways to make the CAR builds work right.
:)

But anyway, isn't there some way to get Maven to tell you why it's
chosen to download some particular module?  It gives you that nice
little "dependency trace" when it fails to find something, but I would
hope there's some debug mode where it shows that for everything...

Thanks,
       Aaron