geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo integration steps
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:16:35 GMT
One option would be to distribute the service as a plugin.

The initial process is the same in any case:

 - Implement the GBean
 - Create the plan (geronimo-service.xml) with any necessary dependencies
 - Package the GBean class(es) and optionally the plan into a JAR
 - Deploy the JAR to Geronimo as a new module

>From there, the process is a little different for plugins:

 - Using the console, create the plugin metadata file for the new module
 - Create a Maven 2 build with two modules -- one for the service as
above, and one to create a plugin CAR out of the service JAR using the
car-maven-plugin and the plugin metadata file above
 - Make sure all the dependencies are in a Maven 2 repository,
referenced in the plugin metadata file
 - Test the plugin install on a clean Geronimo build

That avoids needing to integrate the service into the assemblies
directly.  Bruce and I are working through building a new plugin for
our talk at ApacheCon on Friday -- you can see the work in progress at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/plugins/spring/trunk

Thanks,
     Aaron

On 10/11/06, Tim McConnell <tim.mcconne@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out all the steps necessary to integrate a new component/service
into Geronimo. Do these high-level
> tasks below seem generally accurate ?? And most importantly what else am I missing ??
Thanks much for reviewing. Tim