geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: micro-G modules(configs)
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:55:34 GMT
> Online-deployer is empty just like the rest of the configs that are
> servers.  It relies on manifest classpath and the configuration it
> contains.  IIRC online-deployer.car is the same file as
> deployer.jar.  I guess you're right that a little more might be
> good.  I was figuring that being able to add plugins might be
> enough.  What connects to the plugin installer?

Ah, OK.  We need the command-line deploy tool (which I gather means
online-deployer as well as j2ee-security, and perhaps per Joe's
comment j2ee-deployer).  The actual plugin installer is located in the
system module which I think is in rmi-naming, and IIRC the deploy tool
just uses the remote Kernel proxy thingy to talk to the plugin
installer, but I'd have to look to be sure.

It may be that j2ee-deployer is not required in order to use the
search-plugins and install-plugins commands but would be required in
order to use the other commands.  But it may also be that JSR-88 isn't
in the class path without e.g. j2ee-deployer and therefore the classes
used by the deploy tool couldn't be located and it would die.  If
that's the case, we may just be able to shift some of the JAR
dependencies around to avoid needing the full j2ee-deployer...

Thanks,
      Aaron