geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Why are we not using xmlbeans for attributes.xsd processing?
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 22:42:32 GMT
Well for starters, there's neither an attributes.xml nor an
attributes.xsd...  :)

But the answers I think are that when we first did it it was pretty
simple and XMLBeans seemed kind of heavyweight, and there was an
ongoing debate about whether we'd actually want to stick with XMLBeans
for the other stuff anyway.  Also, config.xml has to be loaded
super-early in the boot process and I'm not sure that XMLBeans is that
high in the class loader hierarchy presently.  Since it's a couple of
MB it might be nice if it wasn't strictly required in order to run
anything at all.

Thanks,
      Aaron