geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: What is GShell?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 23:46:40 GMT

On Oct 3, 2006, at 10:12 AM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> I love the idea of being able to telnet or ssh into the server and run
> commands remotely.

Ditto.  Everyone gave me hard time when I did this in OpenEJB a
couple years ago.  Hiram cleaned the code up considerably when I
moved it into xbean -- thanks Hiram.

   http://incubator.apache.org/openejb/telnet-console.html

GShell looks pretty awesome..  Jason's definitely taken it to the
next level.  Super excited to see GShell get integrated into Geronimo.

Really looking forward to that full bash shell.  That's going to be
so sweet.  I'm a bash junkie.  I did a Groovy shell that James
blogged about, but Groovy just didn't cut it as an interactive shell
-- sorry James.

Props to Jason for some pretty outstanding work!

-David