geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I get the configID from deploymentPlan?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:43:22 GMT
I must be overlooking something but I'm having trouble using XMLBeans
to get to the EnvironmentType for a given deployment plan.

If I have...

XmlObject xmlObject = XmlBeansUtil.parse(planFile.getLocation().toFile
());

from there if I cast to a particular DocumentType (WebAppDocument,
etc..) there are no methods to get me to the EnvioronmentType..

So I looked at the o.a.g.deployment.Deployer and in there... and what
got me even more confused was the following code...  There are only
two implementations of ConfigurationBuilder, (ServiceConfigBuilder
and EARConfigBuilder), so how is the configID being retrieved? Where
is the getConfigurationID implementation for the other plan types?

Object plan = null;
            ConfigurationBuilder builder = null;
             for (Iterator i = builders.iterator(); i.hasNext();) {
                 ConfigurationBuilder candidate =
(ConfigurationBuilder) i.next();
                 System.out.println("***********" + candidate.getClass
().getName());
                 plan = candidate.getDeploymentPlan(planFile, module,
idBuilder);
                 if (plan != null) {
                     builder = candidate;
                     break;
                 }
             }
             if (builder == null) {
                 throw new DeploymentException("Cannot deploy the
requested application module because no deployer is able to handle
it. " +
                         " This can happen if you have omitted the
J2EE deployment descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for
example, you are trying to deploy an" +
                         " EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server
that does not have EJB support installed.  (" +
                         (planFile == null ? "" : "planFile=" +
planFile.getAbsolutePath()) +
                         (moduleFile == null ? "" : (planFile ==
null ? "" : ", ") + "moduleFile=" + moduleFile.getAbsolutePath()) +
")");
             }

             Artifact configID = builder.getConfigurationID(plan,
module, idBuilder);

Thanks

-sachin