geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Any issues with embedding CDDL licensed items?
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:15:36 GMT
I mentioned in an earlier post that it appears our best option for
including JSTL 1.2 for Java EE 5 is to pick up the Glassfish JSTL
library.  It is licensed under CDDL.  Does anybody know of any issues or
concerns from a license perspective that would prevent us from doing this?

AFAIK the major difference between CDDL and AL2 is that CDDL requires
that source for fixes/mods be contributed back to the originator.  I
don't expect us to be making any changes to the Glassfish JSTL.  If we
did find it necessary then our preference would be to get the fix
included in the source and pick up a newer release to distribute.  So I
don't believe there are any issues here but if anybody else if aware of
any please speak up.

Thanks,
Joe