geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject JSTL 1.2 for JEE 5
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:54:17 GMT

I'm looking at what it would take to include an implementation of JSTL
1.2 (JSR 52) for compliance with JEE 5 in Geronimo.  We currently
include the Jakarta implementation of the 1.1 spec in some of our web
applications (such as the web console) but not directly in the Geronimo
J2EE server.

I think the first order of business is to see if I can pick up an open
source implementation and spec from someplace.  I asked on the Jakarta
taglibs user mailing list and was told that there is not an effort
underway to implement the 1.2 version of this spec.  They then pointed
me to Glassfish.

So, I'm planning to investigate what it would take to include the
Glassfish implementation into Geronimo.  If any body has any
concerns/objections/recommendations/insight/etc...  please speak up.

Thanks,
Joe