geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <drw_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: geronimo on jconsole
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:53:53 GMT
What connection settings did you use in JConsole to connect?
I'm trying to use JConsole from the same 1.5.0 JDK that I started a
1.1.1 server, with the following connection settings as shown in your
screen capture -
   JMX URL = service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/
   User Name = system
   Password = manager

and the JConsole connection fails with the following exception -

   Exception in thread "JConsole.addUrl" java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext incompatible with
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServer
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.narrowJRMPServer(RMIConnector.java:1833)
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1828)
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1792)
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:274)
         at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:263)
         at sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.<init>(ProxyClient.java:143)
         at
sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.getProxyClient(ProxyClient.java:113)
         at sun.tools.jconsole.JConsole$2.run(JConsole.java:442)

-Donald