geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fixing javamail (again)
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:44:53 GMT
Jay D. McHugh wrote:
> Rick McGuire wrote:
>>
>> This problem can be easily corrected if we just switched the
>> references to the javamail spec file to the
>> geronimo-javamail_1.3_mail uber jar that contains the merged spec and
>> provider classes.  More and more users are tripping over this
>> problem, which can be very easily corrected.  Are there any
>> objections to making this change in 1.2?
>
> I actually did a test of using javamail on the 1.2 snapshot and ended
> up putting in this dependency to make it work:
>            <dep:dependency>
>                <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
>                <dep:artifactId>javamail</dep:artifactId>
>                <dep:version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</dep:version>
>                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
>            </dep:dependency>
>

> I don't know how that fits in with your suggestion though - but this
> did work for me.
And that's generally the correct solution, although in the case I cited
with Quartz, it wasn't enough to fix it because of the jar file split.
A lot of users trip over this because the javamail spec jar is pulled in
by other components (such as axix), without also pulling in the provider
jar.  The missing provider doesn't show up until they attempt to use the
API and they get the exception.

Rick