geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>
Subject Re: Fixing javamail (again)
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:38:21 GMT
Rick McGuire wrote:

> This problem can be easily corrected if we just switched the
> references to the javamail spec file to the geronimo-javamail_1.3_mail
> uber jar that contains the merged spec and provider classes.  More and
> more users are tripping over this problem, which can be very easily
> corrected.  Are there any objections to making this change in 1.2?

I actually did a test of using javamail on the 1.2 snapshot and ended up
putting in this dependency to make it work:
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>javamail</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</dep:version>
                <dep:type>car</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>

I don't know how that fits in with your suggestion though - but this did
work for me.

Jay