geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Geronimo integration steps
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 02:38:38 GMT
I'm trying to figure out all the steps necessary to integrate a new component/service into
Geronimo. Do these high-level
tasks below seem generally accurate ?? And most importantly what else am I missing ?? Thanks
much for reviewing. Tim

	1. Implement a GBean to represent the deployed component with appropriate:
		a. Constructor
		b. Attributes
		c. References
		d. Operations
		e. Interfaces
	2. Create the XML Plan with the appropriate deployment descriptors
	3. Create the appropriate configuration file(s)
	4. Implement a Module to contain the GBean
	5. Implement the class loader for the Module
	6. Create/implement any/all appropriate dependencies
	7. Create the POM XML file(s) for integration into existing maven build
	8. Test all assemblies (that contain the new component/service)
	9. Others ??