geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher M. Cardona" <chris.m.card...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX Viewer
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:18:35 GMT
Hi Anita,

I don’t think this would work since there is no guarantee that a
“complete list of all valid j2eeTypes” will be created. Your suggestion
might result to an incomplete list of j2eeTypes. I designed the JMX tree
to list all the possible j2eeTypes whether there is one available or
not. IMO this is a better design because it gives you an idea of what
other j2eeTypes are available. Again AFAIK there is no way of getting
this complete list using our existing api hence I decided to hardcode
the list in the jsp. Obviously the advantage here is faster loading of
the page and it’s easy to update the list without recompiling any java
files. The disadvantage of course is updating the jsp file every time
the list changes (most likely only for G specific j2eeTypes and I’m not
sure if this is likely to happen) vs. getting the complete list from the
server (assuming it’s possible or it’s available) and rendering the tree
to display the list.

Best wishes,
chris