geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject micro-G modules(configs)
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 21:59:16 GMT

The following modules are currently included in micro-G.
What of these should we attempt to remove yet from micro-G?

connector-deployer
geronimo-gbean-deployer
hot-deployer
j2ee-deployer
j2ee-security
j2ee-server
j2ee-system
online-deployer
rmi-naming
sharedlib
shutdown
transaction
unavailable-client-deployer
unavailable-ejb-deployer
unavailable-webservices-deployer

I'd like to be able to remove the unavailable* deployers but at the
moment I think they are pretty tightly tied to the j2ee-deployer which
IIUC we need to keep since it is really not just for j2ee deployments.
IIRC I attempted to remove j2ee-deployer earlier and discovered that I
needed this to be able to deploy plugins into micro-G.  I think the
other j2ee* modules are likewise required for more than just j2ee
content.  Is this true?

I think we might be able to remove hot-deployer ... any thoughts?  My
only concern is that if we get too fine grained then it gets difficult
to build up the image to be equivalent for little-G or higher.  Right
now to get from micro-G to little-G you need to deploy both the tomcat
or jetty plugin and the corresponding deployer.  Removing hot-deployer
will add another item to the list.  Thoughts?

Joe