geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Release Roadmap
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:26:47 GMT
Hi Alan,
I wouldn't say that I have a general roadmap feature set page, I would rather say we do ;-)
We have had that page for quite some time now (since v1.0 maybe!?) and people have been posting
features and assigning their names there for quite some time too.

The Roadmap page ( http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-release-roadmap.html ) is available
under the project management space. In an effort to continue the same format we used for v1.1
release for consolidating user requirements I tried to create a new similar page for the v1.2
release based on some user feedback already available from the mailing lists. My mistake was
to place these pages in the development space instead of the project management one. ( see
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/geronimo-v11-user-requirements.html and http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/geronimo-v12-user-requirements.html
). The idea was to brainstorm there and then move what we voted for to the actual roadmap
page.

The page you and Dain are working on came out kind of "just now". It is fine with me to use
the new Priorities 1.2 page but I think we keep reinventing the wheel over and over again
instead of leveraging what we already have working.

The wiki is huge, there are over 500 up-to-date pages now and this number keeps going up at
a fast pace. I understand it might be hard to keep up with the current content so I would
suggest we all discuss our ideas and plans for administering, organizing and maintaining the
wiki before taking any big action. It would save us all a lot of time and will help us to
maintain a clear and consistent message of what and how we display the info. ( again, just
my suggestion ).

With that said, what should we do with the pages we already have?

Cheers!
Hernan