geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>
Subject A test of building with java 1.5 - yoko, openejb, geronimo
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 23:39:21 GMT
Hello all,

As an experiment, I tried to build everything in trunk (and their
dependencies) using java 1.5 (I had to compile the sun orb with 1.4).

First, I started with a clean .m2 repo.

I compiled:
- Yoko from svn checkout of trunk
- Geronimo-spec from svn checkout of trunk
- OpenEJB2 from svn checkout of trunk
- Geronimo from svn checkout of trunk

(This was after the recent openejb changes to include yoko)

I was able to get a successful build, but when I tried to start the
server - It failed because the initial config.xml file created for
Geronimo was corrupted.

Here is the section for the yoko and sun orb's:

    <module
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/1.2-SNAPSHOT/car"
load="false">
        <gbean name="NameServer">
            <attribute name="port">1050</attribute>
            <attribute name="host">${PlanCOSNamingHostttribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

    <module
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-sun/${pom.version}/car"
load="false">
        <gbean name="NameServer">
            <attribute name="port">1050</attribute>
            <attribute name="host">${PlanCOSNamingHostttribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

For both, the host attribute got squirrelled.

I'm going to retry the build using java 1.4 to see if the same thing
happens.

Jay