geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Blythe" <cjblyth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DayTrader with an AJAX based Web interface
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:01:36 GMT
Paul...

Just read through the chain and the idea is sound... I like the idea of
having a base dojo library accessible within the server, thus removing the
burden on the developer of maintaining the dojo libraries within their code.
Plus, I don' t think there would be any conflicts if someone chose to do
that in order to use newer builds of dojo, etc. Just curious, would it be
permissible for a developer to upgrade the dojo library inside the appserver
on their own? Something else I just thought of... I wonder if there would be
any impact on custom dojo widgets created by the developer. This is actually
what I have done with the DayTrader interface. May be worth trying out...

Your idea for serving up customized builds sounds interesting; however, I'm
not sure if there is currently a way to accurately detect all of the
libraries that are used by an application. Based on my experience, you
manually put together the list of libraries required for your build and then
kick off ant. Let me poke around further and see what I can find out...

Chris