geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Blythe" <cjblyth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DayTrader with an AJAX based Web interface
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:49:50 GMT
All...

I have posted a new revision of the Dojo UI for Daytrader at the following
site...

http://packattack.dyndns.org:8080/dojo_trader/daytrader.html

Seems to be working without any major issues now on Firefox and IE; however,
it does require the Flash plugin (may do some additional work to remove this
dependency if possible). Here are some additional notes...

- Upgraded to a 9/28 custom build of dojo to include newer widgets and
hopefully reduce initial download time
- Added refresh intervals for the current quote prices to the portfolio and
buy quote panes
- Quote prices updates and Market Summary updates are highlighted
- Revised portfolio pane to handle incremental updates (versus a full table
redraw on each buy/sell)
- Packaged simple JSON to JAX-RPC proxy in ear with dojo impl

Feel free to play around and let me know if you encounter any breaks or
problems... I would also like to know if anyone has any suggestions for
further improvements to the interface.

Just for reference, you can access most of the javascript source directly
inside the war via a browser...

http://packattack.dyndns.org:8080/dojo_trader/

I have also placed the complete ear at the following location...

http://packattack.dyndns.org:8080/dojo_trader/temp_storage/daytrader-dojo-ear.ear

Thanks...

Chris