geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Priorities for 1.2
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 00:21:50 GMT
Global JNDI
OpenJPA integration
Yoko ORB support
OpenEJB 3.0 integration with @Stateless EJBs support
More server modularization via plugins
Console usability improvements
Console extensibility
Full Java 5 support <<<<<<< what does this mean???
GShell integration
CMP improvements
Jetspeed integration
More out of the box samples
JAF 1.1
Geronimo OSGi bundle

I'll comment that I voted for time-boxed releases and I've ordered my
list based primarily on putting the projects that are AFAIK being
actively worked on first.  ATM I plan to vote for release as soon as
we have the tck passing.

Many of the features above may not be compatible with a j2ee 1.4
server due to signature incompatibilities.  I'm still waiting for an
update from Geir on whether there will be updates to these tests to
allow shipping a j2ee 1.4 server with jee5 spec jars.  If not we will
have to figure out what we can do to certify yet allow our users to
try out the shiny new features.

thanks
david jencks