geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: J2EE Management for JEE 5
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:15:20 GMT
On Oct 24, 2006, at 10:45 PM, Christopher M. Cardona wrote:

> 2. JSR77.3.5.0.1 the deploymentDescriptor attribute must provide a
> full deployment descriptor based on any partial deployment
> descriptor plus deployment annotations.

That doesn't sound like it will be easy.  Do they mean that you must
build a full deployment descriptor backwards out of the annotations?

> My first question is do we even have to update our current JSR 77
> implementation to become JEE 5 compliant.

JSR 77 is a weird spec in that is had very few Java APIs specified.
The bulk of the spec described the names of fields and operations to
be exposed via JMX.  You should check if the Java APIs were updated
for Java5 generics.

-dain