geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r452927 - /geronimo/server/trunk/pom.xml
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:49:34 GMT
I think maven needs to fix this problem in general... I was thinking
about suggesting they add dependencyGroups to dependencies, which can
be used to share config between dependencies:

Dunno about the exact syntax, but the general idea is to allow more
config to be shared between deps.

On Oct 4, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Oct 4, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:
>> I have been trying to remove the need for all of those
>> properties.  I think a few of these are fine... just as long as
>> those properties are never used in child modules.  But most people
>> copy past the deps, so these properties are bound to leak.
> I agree but the alternative is some pretty ugly perl code to find
> the correct version numbers to change.
> -dain

View raw message