geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r452927 - /geronimo/server/trunk/pom.xml
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 18:49:34 GMT
I think maven needs to fix this problem in general... I was thinking
about suggesting they add dependencyGroups to dependencies, which can
be used to share config between dependencies:

<dependencyManagement>
     <dependencyGroups>
         <dependencyGroup>
             <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
             <version>2.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
             <dependencies>
                 <dependency>
                     <artifactId>openejb-core</artifactId>
                 </dependency>
                 <dependency>
                     <artifactId>openejb-builder</artifactId>
                 </dependency>
                 <dependency>
                     <artifactId>openejb-pkgen-builder</artifactId>
                 </dependency>
                 <dependency>
                     <artifactId>openejb-yoko</artifactId>
                 </dependency>
                 <dependency>
                     <artifactId>openejb-sunorb</artifactId>
                 </dependency>
             </dependencies>
         </dependencyGroups>
     </dependencyGroups>
</dependencyManagement>

Dunno about the exact syntax, but the general idea is to allow more
config to be shared between deps.

--jason