geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Eclipse plugin daily drivers
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:27:10 GMT
Currently, daily drivers of the eclipse plugin must be downloaded and
extracted by hand.  I'd like to add a second eclipse update site
specifically for daily drivers for testers who frequently need to
test and get the latest fixes.  The drivers can automatically be
downloaded from the update site and users will be notified when newer
drivers are available.  I should be able to also generate a list of
fixes and new features for that driver and integrate that into the
update manager UI.  These daily builds will rely and auto-generate
qualifiers so this greatly reduce if not eliminate the overhead of
needing to update versions in POMs, plugin.xml and feature.xmls for
daily drivers.

-sachin