geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Building minimally to test code changes
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 04:03:59 GMT
Is there a way to quickly build only those modules that are affected by a
code change in one module?

For e.g., if I change some code in
"applications\console\geronimo-console-standard" I build

applications\console\geronimo-console-standard
applications\console\geronimo-console-ear
configs\webconsole-tomcat
assemblies\geronimo-tomcat-j2ee

and the changes get reflected in the assembly.

But if I make a change in "modules\geronimo-management" it is not that
simple.

What I want to know is if I specify "modules\geronimo-management" or
"geronimo-management" on the command line as an argument, the build script
should build this module and only those that depend on this module so that
the changes reflect in the assemblies.  Is there already a way to do this?

Thanks,
Vamsi