geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: One version for specs
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:59:04 GMT

On Oct 3, 2006, at 11:47 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2006, at 11:39 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>> Ok, now it's me whose not reading emails :)  You mentioned the
>> site changes.  Is that it?   Are we really talking about re-
>> releasing completely stable specs because of website changes?
>
> This was a reason why the spec module might change, not why (or why
> not) it should be released.

Sure, but the proposal is that it would get released with just it's
website changes whenever some other spec needs to be released because
of code changes.

I'm not so concerned about website stuff for the core specs that
don't change.  If that's the reason for wanting to keep updating the
poms and re-releasing specs which are essentially "done", is there
any other way we can meet the website goals you have?

-David