geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DayTrader with an AJAX based Web interface
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:25:47 GMT
Hey Chris this looks very impressive - great work!  FYI the next
version of Geronimo has a shared version of the Dojo library (kitchen
sink variety) deployed at /dojo. The admin console uses this shared
library, see GERONIMO-2333 for details.

Using this shared version of the library would allow you to avoid
including it in your webapp, manage the library separately from your
application, and let browsers used cached versions of the library
across multiple webapps deployed in the server.  If you can pick up
one of the weekly 1.2-snapshot builds it should be pretty easy to hook
the shared version of Dojo into your app by replacing
<script type="text/javascript" src="./dojo.js"></script>
with
<script type="text/javascript" src="/dojo/dojo.js"></script>

We would be very interested in getting feedback from you on this
approach, especially since I believe your application is oriented
towards measuring AJAX performance (at least that was my impression
when Stan originally started this thread).

Also, I realize you're using a custom Dojo build to speed up download
time.  We're looking into enabling the shared version of Dojo to serve
up customized builds on the fly by invoking Dojo's built-in profile
mechanism from a servlet in case you're interested in helping us look
into that.

Best wishes,
Paul