geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul McMahan" <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dojo in Geronimo
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 20:34:56 GMT
You raise a good point and it sounds like the idea would work, but I'm
concerned it could lead to a proliferation of dojo webapp components,
one for each custom configuration.   I wonder if it might be possible
to instead create a servlet in the current dojo app that could build
and cache custom configurations on the fly.  That way we could keep
the current standard library in place for unoptimized dojo apps but
still serve up customized configurations from this same location for
optimized dojo apps.

Off the top of my head, invoking the servlet could look something like:
/dojo/dojo?widget1=tree&widget2=table&...

This approach also keeps us in line with some of the other motivations
for making dojo a native component in the server -- easy to upgrade,
easy to reference from deployment plans, keeps the server footprint to
a minimum, etc.

Best wishes,
Paul