geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: geronimo on jconsole
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:19:58 GMT
   JMX URL = service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/JMXConnector
   The JMXConnector is not showing on the screen. The screen shots are for G started using
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote in 1.5. If you run G in 1.4 you will only be able to see MBeans.

Thanks
Anita

Donald Woods <drw_web@yahoo.com> wrote: What connection settings did you use in JConsole
to connect?
I'm trying to use JConsole from the same 1.5.0 JDK that I started a
1.1.1 server, with the following connection settings as shown in your
screen capture -
   JMX URL = service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/
   User Name = system
   Password = manager

and the JConsole connection fails with the following exception -

   Exception in thread "JConsole.addUrl" java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext incompatible with
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServer
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.narrowJRMPServer(RMIConnector.java:1833)
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1828)
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1792)
         at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:274)
         at
javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:263)
         at sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.(ProxyClient.java:143)
         at
sun.tools.jconsole.ProxyClient.getProxyClient(ProxyClient.java:113)
         at sun.tools.jconsole.JConsole$2.run(JConsole.java:442)

-Donald