geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Geronimo integration steps
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 06:18:27 GMT
On 10/12/06, Tim McConnell <tim.mcconne@gmail.com> wrote:

>         1. Implement a GBean to represent the deployed component with appropriate:
>                 a. Constructor
>                 b. Attributes
>                 c. References
>                 d. Operations
>                 e. Interfaces
>         2. Create the XML Plan with the appropriate deployment descriptors
>         3. Create the appropriate configuration file(s)
>         4. Implement a Module to contain the GBean
>         5. Implement the class loader for the Module

That's quite confusing to me, likely because I have (never|rarely -
cross out more appropriate adverb) done it before.

>         6. Create/implement any/all appropriate dependencies

Isn't the step part of 2?

>         7. Create the POM XML file(s) for integration into existing maven build

Do you mean integrate into Geronimo the server or Geronimo the build?

>         8. Test all assemblies (that contain the new component/service)
>         9. Others ??

Yes. Fix bugs that are reported by affected/interested parties ;-)

The best approach is to give it a shot and see how it works. If it
does work it doesn't mean it's the one and best approach, but the one
who's worked. I'd be very very glad if I could read it on our Wiki.
What do you think to put it there, Tim?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski