geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: micro-G modules(configs)
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 06:42:26 GMT

> Anyway, should I put these ideas on the cwiki for discussion /
> clarification?  It sounds that this is the general direction we're
> headed in and is rather unique.  If we agree in concept it would be
> good to get our web page updated to reflect these goals (vision) of
> the project so people can see where we're going and get involved if
> they're interested.

Sure. Why not!? It's been a while since I marked the thread to read
when the time permits and I must admit I like the concept of
templating. I'm not sure how it's different from config.xml where you
declare your deps, but it's worth to give it a thought again and sort
it out. Or wait, do you want the templating tool to download (from a
local or remote repo) necessary modules and create an assembly? Isn't
it what car-maven-plugin and maven-assembly-plugin together are doing
now?

It's definitely worth to put the idea on the wiki. Even if it dies at
some time (which I doubt) we can move to it later or wipe it out.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl