geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Download page incorrectly lists "OS X" and "Unix" as being compatible
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:39:28 GMT

On Oct 18, 2006, at 5:31 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> They aren't tested.
>> Can we put a separate section (or a separate page) for the non-
>> certified downloads?
>> geir
>
> IIUC you are concerned about the heading "J2EE 1.4 Certified
> Releases" followed by "Linux/Mac OS X/Unix Downloads".   Those
> downloads are for those various platforms listed even if we only
> certified against a subset of the list.  Would it be better to just
> remove the word "certified" from the earlier heading?
>
> If necessary, we could specify somewhere else on the download page
> that we actually only certified against Linux and Windows.
>
> What do you think?

The web page seems OK to me, as is. The *releases* are certified. We
create different distributions to aid users in installing on
different platforms. They all contain the same binaries...

If you want to remove the "certified", I'm ok with that. If we want
to add explicit information about what platforms we certify on (Linux
and Azul at the moment), we can do that, also...

--kevan