geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Fixing java.endorsed.dirs
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:10:49 GMT

On Sep 28, 2006, at 12:25 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Anyway, this sucks, since it requires users to use a shell script
> to launch Geronimo.  Is there anyway to detect the corba api
> version and not load the Yoko classes that have the problems?

When it comes to futzing w/ the endorsed dirs I would rather have it
in the up front and in my face via a script than have some cute code
forking and setting things behind the scenes.

We can add some startup code that looks for the "bad" versions of
classes and throw an exception w/ a useful message stating that the
endorsed dirs list was probably not setup correctly.

Let's keep it simple.

Regards,
Alan