geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Release Early, Release Often
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 21:11:07 GMT
Good point.. it might not even be legally possible to do none
certified releases.  I'm really hoping that we can.

Perhaps we add big "J2EE Certified" and "NOT Certified" logos next to
the releases and clear text in the README regarding the certification
status of a release.

I'm just suggesting this since I don't think release early and release
often is possible if every release has to be certified.

> How would you handle J2EE certification then?  I don't know the rules around it but I
want to be
> careful about confusing users.
>
> I'm all for release early and often (tried to do that with 1.1.1 but these pesky security
issues and
> other problems pop up).  I think getting a weekly drop available will be a significant
help.  We
> tried that in the past (I think Blevins spearheaded new feature Wednesdays).
>
> If we got that going first (and not considering releases) I think that would be a huge
help.  I'm
> happy to assist when 1.1.1 gets out the door.
>

> Jason Dillon wrote:
> > Something tells me that we are gonna end up with a 6mo+ release cycle
> > (with additional month just to make the release)... and that if we are
> > lucky.
> >
> > So far I'm not hearing anyone else signing the "Release Early, Release
> > Often" tune.
> >
> > I'd stop thinking about 1.2 as JEE5 or whatever thing that is gonna take
> > a bunch of time to do... and just get some incremental work done and
> > push out a release.
> >
> > --jason
> >

> > On Sep 7, 2006, at 7:22 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> >
> >> I think Dain said he was scouring the primordial soup of trunk to
> >> determine which level of life form would emerge.  At this point if its
> >> a single cell organism then a .2 release might seem inappropriate.  If
> >> its an intergalactic space traveler that can cure cancer, solve world
> >> peace and make a good pina colada then perhaps we should go to 3.0 :)
> >>
> >> Dain, how are we doing with the data mining?  Seem like the natives
> >> are getting restless :-0

was

--
Regards,