geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Server built from trunk trying to reference artifact_aliases.properties
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:00:31 GMT

On Sep 21, 2006, at 12:57 AM, Christopher M. Cardona wrote:

> David,
>
> I did an svn update to pick up your properties file then rebuilt G
> but I still get the same problem. Creating the
> artifact_aliases.properties file under geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.2-
> SNAPSHOT/var/config/ fixed the problem and I was able to start the
> server. Not sure if you need to include artifact_aliases.properties
> in other assemblies like geronimo-tomcat-j2ee.

I can't reproduce this problem on my cleaner copy of geronimo.  I
included the new artifact_aliases.properties in the geronimo-
boilerplate-minimal configuration, are you sure that you rebuilt that
one, and can you check if the new file is included in that assembly?

thanks
david jencks

> Best wishes,
> chris
>
> David Jencks wrote:
>> I think I've fixed this, please verify.
>>
>> I included a properties file in the correct location with some
>> basic instructions and no entries.  Does this seem reasonable?
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Sep 20, 2006, at 1:29 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>>
>>> While trying to run a server that I built from trunk, I get the
>>> following exception
>>>
>>> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.4.2_10)...
>>> 16:33:58,566 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting;
>>> GBean is now in
>>> the FAILED state:
>>> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/1.2-
>>> SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-
>>> system/1.2-SNAPSHOT/
>>> car,j2eeType=ArtifactResolver,name=ArtifactResolver"