geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Possible workspace for jetty 6 work and other jee5 stuff
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 01:38:20 GMT
On 23/09/2006, at 11:06 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> There were big problems in working around the jetty lifecycle
> management and getting jndi refs to work, but I think I've solved
> both of these (see GERONIMO-2427 for work on refs).  With the
> current setup of g. and jetty6 I can run daytrader on the sandbox/
> javaee geronimo-jetty6-jee5 assembly.
>
> I haven't looked into the wadi stuff yet.  I believe greg has
> committed the changes I wanted so we can import and export
> sessions, but I haven't hooked up to them yet.
Greg has added addSession(Session session, boolean created) and
removeSession(Session session, boolean invalidate) which do exactly
that. It seems that there is a compilation issue with Jetty6
TransformingWebAppClassLoader.getResources overrides the final method
ClassLoader. getResources and hence it is not possible to build
jetty6 from trunk.

I am still investigating why the console is not working and I am
stuck: this works on my box and after a review of the code I do not
see where the problem could be. Do you have any idea how I could
proceed (I debugged end-to-end the handling of a request and I do not
really see a problem)?

Thanks,
Gianny