geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject help resolving class (GERONIMO-1526)
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:03:33 GMT
So I need some help on the following...

In the sachin branch, we're working on generalizing the builders, and
replacing many of the methods that get passed in and process on a
JarFile with a new interface IDeployableModule.  Now the default impl
of this class represents a JarFile.  We want to provide different
implementations that can be plugged into geronimo for improved
support for deploying from eclipse for example.  Now my idea is the
following...

 From eclipse we will deploy a gbean to geronimo that provides a new
impl of IDeployableModule that provides Eclipse support so Geronimo
can build the configuration directly from the Eclipse projects.  So
I've added a new method to the DeploymentManager that can be used by
a client to set the impl classname (might be better to be a gbean ref
name or something I don't know) to be used for that particular
deployment.  This gets passed to a Factory class, and if null, the
default impl is created, and if not then we need to be able to load
an instance of this impl class.

So my question is how can this be done? How can the deployment module
and this factory class resolve the class from a gbean it doesn't have
direct visibility to?

Any help or code snippets would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-sachin