geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject [RTC] Split connector + transaction manager out of j2ee-server, and related stuff
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:49:25 GMT

Thinking about how we might support plugging in a jta11 transaction
manager I remembered that one part of the little-g work we never did
was to split the connector and transaction stuff out from the core
j2ee stuff.    I made this work in the patches to the above issue.
Basically this involves a major cleanup of dependencies between cars
and geronimo jars, fixing a big bug in the AppClientModuleBuilder
where it was using the wrong classloader to deploy client side rars,
and a small amount of actually moving gbeans into new
configurations.  Here's a summary:

j2ee-server:

all the tm GBeans  and ConnectionTrackingCoordinatorGBean are moved
to the new transaction module (configuration)

client:
similar beans in the client are moved to client-transaction module

j2ee-builder:

connector-builder, resource-ref and resource-env-ref builder gbeans
are moved to the new connector-deployer module.  This includes the
newly introduced 2nd connector-builder gbean for the app client.

There are also a bunch of default environment changes so apps get the
correct parents at runtime.

About 95% of the changes are bug fixes..... I still think I need at
least support for the idea of this split with some pmc votes.

Many thanks!
david jencks