geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error in geronimo-kernel-1.1.1.pom in M2 Repo
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 16:29:51 GMT
inline

On Sep 23, 2006, at 8:14 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Also....
>
> Missing org.apache.geronimo.schema/geronimo-schema/1.0/pom...  It's
> not here:
>
> http://ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/schema/
>
> But it's referenced in here:
>
> http://ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/schema/geronimo-
> schema-j2ee_1.4/1.0/geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4-1.0.pom
>
> Which is referenced here:
>
> http://ibiblio.org/maven2/geronimo/geronimo-j2ee-schema/1.1.1/
> geronimo-j2ee-schema-1.1.1.pom
>
> Which is used in the security builder 1.1.1 JAR.

That's kind of odd.  Currently the tagged 1.0 pom for
org.apache.geronimo.schema/geronimo-schema-j2ee_1.4 has
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.config/project-config/1.1-SNAPSHOT as a
parent which also seems wrong -- a tag should not depend on any
snapshots.  There isn't any obvious source for a
org.apache.geronimo.schema/geronimo-schema/1.0/pom.  Maybe this got
removed when we added the javaee schemas?

Perhaps we can posthumously release the missing pom, and change the
1.0 tag to use it????

Then I think we should release a 1.0.1 version with a correct pom and
use it in trunk.

> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
> On 9/23/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
>> Also, another M2 build problem -- org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs was
>> not published for 1.1.1.  See there's only a 1.1 entry here:
>>
>> http://ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs/
>>
>> This is referenced by the JACC 1.1.1 spec here:
>>
>> http://ibiblio.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-j2ee-
>> jacc_1.0_spec/1.1.1/geronimo-j2ee-jacc_1.0_spec-1.1.1.pom
>>
>> Which is used by the geronimo-security-1.1.1 JAR.

I think this may demonstrate that having a parent pom for specs in
the spec tree and versioned with the specs doesn't work very well.  I
think we should use a fixed genesis pom as parent for all the specs
and version them independently.

>> Thanks,
>>      Aaron
>>
>> On 9/23/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
>> > See:
>> >
>> > http://ibiblio.org/maven2/geronimo/geronimo-kernel/1.1.1/
>> geronimo-kernel-1.1.1.pom
>> >
>> > Look for:
>> >
>> >     <dependency>
>> >       <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
>> >       <artifactId>geronimo-qname_1.1_spec</artifactId>
>> >       <version>1.0.1</version>
>> >       <type>test</type>
>> >     </dependency>
>> >
>> > It's looking for an artifact of type *.test?  Presumably that
>> should be
>> >
>> >     <dependency>
>> >       <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
>> >       <artifactId>geronimo-qname_1.1_spec</artifactId>
>> >       <version>1.0.1</version>
>> >       <scope>test</scope>
>> >     </dependency>
>> >
>> > But whatever the case is, this prevents M2 builds from working
>> against
>> > the geronimo-kernel-1.1.1.jar because it can't fine the .test
>> file --
>> > what can we do to correct the POM and replace the version on
>> ibiblio?

I believe we can't change anything that's gotten to ibiblio.
Probably the best we can do is release something like a 1.1.1-1 with
corrected pom. Is there some way to put something in a m2 project
that says "replace this artifact with that artifact"?

Hoping that a pure m2 build will avoid at least some of these problems

david jencks