geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject How do swing apps work?
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 23:51:00 GMT
I fiddled around a bit and got the daytrader streamer app client to
work on trunk (except I might have broker the update timer).
However, to do this I had to add code so the main method doesn't
return until the app exits: otherwise it returns and our app client
container shuts down the kernel.

How do standalone swing apps work?  Do the main methods return more
or less immediately or do they block somehow or get used somehow
until the app is ready to close?

If they return immediately can anyone suggest a way to detect that
the app has exited so we can stop the kernel and exit the container?

hoping someone somewhere has written a swing app :-)

david jencks