geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1-rc1 for Release
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 13:36:07 GMT
Hey Alan,
What did you find?

--kevan
On Aug 31, 2006, at 1:24 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I did.  Let me take a look.
>
>
> Regards,
> Alan
>
> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>> Alan, I thought you fixed this in 1.1.1?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>     Aaron
>>
>> On 8/31/06, Bill Dudney <bdudney@mac.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Matt,
>>>
>>> Sorry to say but I'm experiencing similar problems with trying to
>>> deploy a derby embedded datasource;
>>>
>>> I attached this stack trace to the JIRA that Jay filed (thanks Jay!)
>>>
>>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2368
>>>
>>> Geronimo Application Server started
>>> 09:19:47,792 ERROR [CoyoteAdapter] An exception or error occurred in
>>> the container during the request processing
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Qualifier patterns must be
>>> present when first URLPattern is an exact pattern
>>>          at javax.security.jacc.URLPatternSpec.<init>
>>> (URLPatternSpec.java:98)
>>>          at javax.security.jacc.WebResourcePermission.<init>
>>> (WebResourcePermission.java:47)
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.realm.TomcatGeronimoRealm.hasResourcePerm 
>>> issi
>>> on(TomcatGeronimoRealm.java:200)
>>>          at  
>>> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke
>>> (AuthenticatorBase.java:506)
>>>          at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext
>>> $SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:342)
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke
>>> (GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31)
>>>          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
>>> (StandardHostValve.java:126)
>>>          at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
>>> (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>>>          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
>>> (StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>>>          at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke
>>> (AccessLogValve.java:541)
>>>          at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service
>>> (CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>>>          at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
>>> (Http11Processor.java:869)
>>>          at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
>>> $Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection 
>>> (Http11BaseProtocol.java:667)
>>>          at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket
>>> (PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>>>          at
>>> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
>>> (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>>>          at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
>>> $ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>>>          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)
>>>
>>> On Aug 31, 2006, at 8:22 AM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:
>>>
>>> > Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>> >> CTS is complete and here is the RC1 for your reviewing pleasure.
>>> >> Please send your comments to the dev@geronimo.apache.org list.
>>> >>
>>> >> If there are no negative comments after Monday, September 5th at
>>> >> 0900 ET.  We'll move this to be the final and release it.
>>> >>
>>> >> If there are issues, they will be addressed and another e-mail
>>> >> will be issued resetting for an rc2 vote.
>>> >>
>>> >> Thanks.
>>> >>
>>> >> *Source*
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-1.1.1-rc1-
>>> >> src.tar.gz
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-1.1.1-rc1-
>>> >> src.zip
>>> >>
>>> >> *Specifications*
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-j2ee-
>>> >> jacc_1.0_spec-1.1.1.jar
>>> >>
>>> >> *Schemas*
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-schema-
>>> >> j2ee_1.4-1.0-src.jar
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-schema-
>>> >> j2ee_1.4-1.0.jar
>>> >>
>>> >> *Distributions*
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-jetty-
>>> >> j2ee-1.1.1-rc1.tar.gz
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-jetty-
>>> >> j2ee-1.1.1-rc1.zip
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-jetty-
>>> >> minimal-1.1.1-rc1.tar.gz
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-jetty-
>>> >> minimal-1.1.1-rc1.zip
>>> >>
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-tomcat-
>>> >> j2ee-1.1.1-rc1.tar.gz
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-tomcat-
>>> >> j2ee-1.1.1-rc1.zip
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-tomcat-
>>> >> minimal-1.1.1-rc1.tar.gz
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/geronimo-tomcat-
>>> >> minimal-1.1.1-rc1.zip
>>> >>
>>> >> If you want to build you will need these jars also (will be
>>> >> released simultaneously with Geronimo) and these need to be  
>>> placed
>>> >> in your local Maven repository.
>>> >>
>>> >> *OpenEJB Jars*
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/openejb-
>>> >> builder-2.1.1.jar
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/openejb- 
>>> core-2.1.1.jar
>>> >> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/1.1.1-rc1/openejb-pkgen-
>>> >> builder-2.1.1.jar
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> .
>>> >>
>>> > Hello,
>>> >
>>> > I tried to install the MySQL JDBC driver (installation worked) and
>>> > define my datasource.
>>> >
>>> > Trying to create the datasource using the wizard locked up the
>>> > browser and resulted in the following log file (I tried twice -
>>> > that is why the error appears two times):
>>> >
>>> > Copying into repository mysql-connector-java-3.1.13/mysql- 
>>> connector-
>>> > java-3.1.13/bin/jar... Finished.
>>> > 08:41:52,551 ERROR [CoyoteAdapter] An exception or error occurred
>>> > in the container during the request processing
>>> > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Qualifier patterns must be
>>> > present when first URLPattern is an exact pattern
>>> >        at javax.security.jacc.URLPatternSpec.<init>
>>> > (URLPatternSpec.java:98)
>>> >        at javax.security.jacc.WebResourcePermission.<init>
>>> > (WebResourcePermission.java:47)
>>> >        at
>>> >  
>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.realm.TomcatGeronimoRealm.hasResourcePerm 
>>> is
>>> > sion(TomcatGeronimoRealm.java:200)
>>> >        at  
>>> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke
>>> > (AuthenticatorBase.java:506)
>>> >        at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext
>>> > $SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:342)
>>> >        at
>>> > org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke
>>> > (GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
>>> > (StandardHostValve.java:126)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
>>> > (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
>>> > (StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke
>>> > (AccessLogValve.java:541)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service
>>> > (CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>>> >        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
>>> > (Http11Processor.java:869)
>>> >        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
>>> > $Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection 
>>> (Http11BaseProtocol.java:
>>> > 667)
>>> >        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket
>>> > (PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>>> >        at
>>> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
>>> > (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>>> >        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
>>> > $ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>>> >        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>> > 08:42:50,280 ERROR [CoyoteAdapter] An exception or error occurred
>>> > in the container during the request processing
>>> > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Qualifier patterns must be
>>> > present when first URLPattern is an exact pattern
>>> >        at javax.security.jacc.URLPatternSpec.<init>
>>> > (URLPatternSpec.java:98)
>>> >        at javax.security.jacc.WebResourcePermission.<init>
>>> > (WebResourcePermission.java:47)
>>> >        at
>>> >  
>>> org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.realm.TomcatGeronimoRealm.hasResourcePerm 
>>> is
>>> > sion(TomcatGeronimoRealm.java:200)
>>> >        at  
>>> org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke
>>> > (AuthenticatorBase.java:506)
>>> >        at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext
>>> > $SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:342)
>>> >        at
>>> > org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke
>>> > (GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
>>> > (StandardHostValve.java:126)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
>>> > (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
>>> > (StandardEngineValve.java:107)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke
>>> > (AccessLogValve.java:541)
>>> >        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service
>>> > (CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
>>> >        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
>>> > (Http11Processor.java:869)
>>> >        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
>>> > $Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection 
>>> (Http11BaseProtocol.java:
>>> > 667)
>>> >        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket
>>> > (PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
>>> >        at
>>> > org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
>>> > (LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
>>> >        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool
>>> > $ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
>>> >        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
>>> >
>>> > I was only able to get through the first page of the wizard before
>>> > it locked up.  Here are the values that I entered:
>>> >
>>> > Name of Database Pool:   plc
>>> > Database Type:                  MySQL
>>> >
>>> > I also tried deploying from the command line using a deployment  
>>> XML
>>> > file that I saved a while ago and got the following error (The  
>>> file
>>> > might not be in the correct format anymore so this might not be a
>>> > real issue):
>>> >
>>> >    Error: Unable to connect to server at deployer:geronimo:jmx --
>>> >    javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Can't find property:
>>> >    java.naming.factory.initial
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > Jay
>>>
>>>
>


Mime
View raw message